Friday 3 February 2012

Bungy jump



                    It was my first bungy jump that too on the last day of the year.As its preplanned,i had already booked   my time-slot(thank god as it was crowded on tat day)12-1pm.We first had an overview of the bridge where am gng to jump....really it was scary..for a moment I was thinking whether to go ahead,but still somehow got spirit as its a lifetime experience. We reached the venue @11:30..made all the procedures n payments for the jump n video footage. To my surprise I was the last person in tat timeslot, we all were given instructions like how to jump keeping ur hands horizontal wise and not to look down while jumping (as it will increase the fear). Moreover i was empty stomach as i should not have any trouble while jumping so i was starving.On tat day alone nearly 200 jumps were done...cool isn't?
                       We all started marching towards the bridge.Our group covers 15 ppl with equal strength of men n women...off course we all were excited and fearful. So the countdown started...u can see each person jumping live and also on the TV over there.Some were so brave did so quickly and one girl jumped standing facing us(i guess its not her first time,u cant try these stunts in the first time itself).One guy was bit heavy(i meant his wt)..,he really looked very scary,was praying God as if he is going to end his life..ha ha hopefully he finished his turn. You will always have a tendency to look around you and see their expressions ,how they react....I should say about this lady,she was bit cool till her turn..when they called out her name,she started shivering...her jaws are just dancing(like she's too cold),but somehow managed to  look cool..At the edge,she was just dancing shakira's hip shake for the song, to come out of fear and did her bungy.
                     Finally its my turn now,enjoyed seeing everyone when they did..but when they called my name..my heart started beating lub tub...they started to tie rope in my legs..came near the edge..Crew fellows where shouting 5,4,3,2,1 BUNGY.................i jumped and was hanging down upside down still bouncing....yes my world is upside down now and only thing pulling my life is my rope in my leg..and I didnt feel it was tight like about to come out of my toes. My mind was blank,i was just enjoying the nature,suddenly a crew person came and he lifted me and landed me up safely.
            Wow I made it..it was a wonderful experience in my life and I wish to share this with the world.......u can post ur comments if u really enjoyed reading this or had an similar experience.
Maya






2 comments:

  1. OMG :D how did you do that ?
    dizziness ? closed eyes or wide opened ?
    i cant imagine myself doing that :(
    must be a thrilling experience :)
    -Dee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya deepak,it was a thrilling exp..
    Am not brave enough to keep my eyes open
    While jumping ;)

    ReplyDelete