Monday 13 February 2012

My first Flight experience

               I guess everyone on earth wish to travel in flight..same dream I had...yes my first flight was on December 2005.I was travelling from chennai (India)-Stuttgart(Germany).My flight timing was 1:30,outside it was pouring heavily..yes its a monsoon period.
               Departing from my dear ones,i was heading towards check in counter all alone having my passport and ticket copy @ 12 am itself. As its first time,i was having a confusion with check in baggage and hand luggage,
finally I put all the bags in the check in and I was carrying a backpack along with my heavy jacket (as it should not add to my luggage). Offcourse my baggage was beyond the max wt,so happened to remove some food items :( then reached the boarding area...waiting for the call....now the time is 12:45. I was in half sleep waiting to board..but due to rain,flights got rescheduled oooufff..and my stomach started grumbling @ 3...still no mood to eat anything. Thank god,we were provided with snacks from airline authorities then finally @4 they announce the call.
          Yes I happily landed into the flight,was able to meet my expectation like u see in movies. luckily my seat was near the window..but I could not see anything as it was dark outside and the rain was pouring. Within 10 to 15 mins after the take off..i went to sleep without my knowledge. Morning wake up call by airhostess with wet tissue....then after fresh up..,fresh juice along with breakfast...had it by enjoying wonderful view above 33,000ft and around 9am(CET) reached Frankfurt and comes another nightmare.
                As there was a delay in my first flight....i missed my connecting flight from Frankfurt to Stuttgart, so looking for the next flight....Mean while I must mention
Frankfurt Airport...Wow it was really lovely and majestic,buses inside the airport to pick up n drop passengers. I got some friends who are travelling to the same place..,many people were talking only in German(Deutsch). Grabbed a sandwich and quickly landed into my next flight. This flight was small and journey was only 1-1/2 hrs. After reaching my final destination,i soon grabbed my luggages from the counter.
      At the entrance,i was welcomed by my loveable husband with beautiful flower bouquet

4 comments:

  1. wow..flight experiences are sweet. it is just a mode of transportation but for many it is a memory. like both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post !
    interesting :) am yet to experience my first flight, am sure of blogging that.
    Good work !
    -Dee..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ swats..very true,even though i had many flights after that but still first experience remains a great memory

    ReplyDelete